Saturday, May 19, 2012

Recycled Sketchbooks

Well, there is just too much waste paper around. Stuff that cannot be used because its outdated (official stuff) and some paper that has just been lying around for years. Untouched and unused. It makes me sad when I see all of it just lying about.


So, to hone my binding skills and do a lot with this very paper, these papers were all binded, in their exact form and way. Not wasting even one bit. Courtesy a small-scale run press, I managed to bind my own recycled sketchbooks.

The covers are too, completely made of recycled materials, paper, cloth and one old Indian flag that was stitched onto it! I even experimented with the Gondh illustration style on one cover, with my dog being its hero! I love these all-new-yet-old sketchbooks that have such a strong association of names, places and patriotism!


Such pure joy!














Colour for this chappal: Bond Paper White

1 comment:

  1. hi shreya, i'd refer to your offer to get one of your beautiful sketchbooks. if you like to send me one (maybe for a donation?!) it would be great. you can get my address from my blog: http://hanseatunik.at/autor/

    ReplyDelete